Cracking on Anthem can be confusing at times, since, if you don’t know where to look, the game doesn’t immediately tell you how to do it. The good news is that once you discover how it works, and where to look, it’s not too difficult, this guide will explain how the Anthem creation system works, including how to unlock plans. It will also cover the many different things that can be done by hand, along with the different rarities available.
Basic crafting in Anthem
Before creating, you must first know how to determine the rarity, or quality, of the elements in the game. These are the oddities of more to less common:
- Common (White)
- Uncommon (Green)
- Rare (Blue)
- Epic (Pink)
- Masterpiece (Orange)
- Legendary (Yellow)
The color indicated is that of the object when you loot it during a mission. You are able to work with masterpiece quality, and you will need a series of materials to do it. The materials required depend on what you are doing, and you will also need the plan for the specific item, which will be explained later.
You do not need to receive the mortal blow to complete these challenges, you only need to harm the enemy. You can also check the progress of your weapon and your action plan by opening the Challenges menu and selecting the equipment or weapons.
Like weapons, team planes unlock by completing the challenges with the equipped skill team. The challenges are:
- Uncommon: Complete four World Missions or Events with Normal + difficulty with the Skill equipped.
- Rare: Complete eight World Missions or Events with Normal + difficulty with the Skill equipped.
- Epic: Complete 12 World Missions or Events on Normal + difficulty with the Skill equipped.
- Masterpiece: Complete 35 World Missions or Events in Grand Master 1+ of difficulty with Equipped Skill.
Components and seals (consumables)
The component plans and seals are unlocked through the Anthem Faction and Rep system.
This is what is required to unlock these plans:
- Class specific: Increase the Sentinel Rep number for the three ranges.
- Universal: Increase the Freelance Rep in all three ranges.
- Weapon stamps: Increase the number of Arcanist Rep for the three ranks.
- Elementary: Full strengths.
That is all you need to know about crafting Anthem. Now you can work on unlocking all those plans and making some interesting weapons and equipment …